Satellite Conference of IFLA Section: Libraries for Children and Young Adults (CYA) in collaboration with the National Library of Serbia:
Preconference to the 85th IFLA WLIC in Athens, Greece:
Theme: New Library Professionals for Children and Young Adults
Official language: English
Date: Thursday, 22 August, 2019
Venue: National Library of Serbia, Belgrade
The main focus of the conference is to include, mentor, and learn from new library professionals working with children and young adults, while sharing best practices for service to this population.
Objectives of the Conference:
- Exchange innovative ideas and best practices for library service for children and young adults;
- Bring together new library professionals and others working with children and young adults and establish collaborations;
- Strengthen the research on policy, human capacity, and technology development for library services for children and young adults;
- Create an international network of participants promoting library services for children and young adults
- Promoting literacy
- Outreach and community engagement
- Capacity development of library staff working with children and young adults
- The use of new technologies in work with children and young adults
- The role of children’s library
- Trends and innovative services for children and young adults
- Blended learning in library
- The makerspace movement
- Engaging library users through gamification
- Reading culture of young generation
- Programmes and activities with parents in a library
- Libraries for children supporting open access to information
- Programmes and activities to encourage young people’s creativity
Interested individuals and groups are invited to submit a proposal for a 15-minute presentation by May 27, 2019.
The proposals must be submitted in an electronic format with the following in English.
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of author(s)/presenter(s)
- Proposed title of the paper
- Proposed abstract of the paper (no more than 300 words)
- Brief biographical information of all author(s)/presenter(s) (50 words per person)
- Contact information, including e-mail, phone number
Please submit your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your last name and “IFLA Serbia Proposal” in the subject heading.
All proposals will be reviewed by the Satellite Organizing Committee.
Deadline for submissions EXTENDED to: May 27, 2019
Notification of acceptance/rejection: June 5, 2019
Final program: June 15, 2019
Deadline for submission of the full paper: July 15, 2019
Registration closes: June 30, 2019
Registration is free, but required due to a limited number of participants. The organizer assumes that speakers will cover all other expenses, including travel, food and accommodations.